One of my all time favorite appetizers. Today we are using leftover stuffing. This is a quick easy recipe that will make you look like a Master Chef.
- 10 Portobello mushroom caps
- 5 strips hickory smoked bacon
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella (I prefer a light tasting cheese with this, but feel free to substitute.)
- Parsley to taste
- Wash and de-stem the mushroom caps.
- Carefully scoop out the black on the inside of the caps.
- Re wash the caps and let them dry on a paper towel.
- Mix the stuffing and cheese together. If the stuffing is to dry then add a shot of heavy cream to moisten.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out stuffing mixture, roll into a ball and place in the hollowed out part of the mushroom cap. Press stuffing firmly into the cap, as we don’t want it to roll away during baking.
- Wrap each cap with a half strip of bacon. Use toothpicks to keep bacon from unraveling.
- Arrange caps on a baking sheet. Dust lightly with the Parmesan
- Bake for 12-15 minute
- Remove from oven
- Garnish with parsley